Examples of practice provided here for the use by CP FLC participants.
Our Video Series on Various CP Practices, Tools for Teaching
Dyadic Listening, Al Kaszniak 5:36
BWD Listening Mode Dyadic Exercise Instructions (pdf) for pair listening assignment.
Reflection Papers, Alison Jameson 5:14
Description of reflective writing assignments from UNSW
Mandalas, Alison Jameson 4:49
Ephemeral Art, powerpoint presentation
Mindful Moment, Leslie Langbert 8:12
VoiceThread, Ginger Hunt
Content from Al Kaszniak-Incorporating Multiple Contemplative Practices in a Course on the Psychology of Empathy and Compassion, and YouTube videos recorded at Naropa University.
- Contemplative Reading 2:19 https://youtu.be/tneIuDZ4Qqo
- Can Compassion be Trained: A neuroscientist’s Perspective 26:12 https://youtu.be/2B5bXl_Pq4I
- Zen and the Brain: Contemplative Practices for a Multitasking World 1:19:55 https://youtu.be/LyhnwqBdqX4
- Syllabus for Psychology 496H, Fall Semester 2013 This syllabus for The Psychology of Empathy and Compassion contains examples of CP teaching strategies.
- Breath-Focused Awareness Instructions Instructions for 10 minutes of breath-focused mindful attention for use following reading assignments.
- BWD Listening Mode Dyadic Exercise Instructions (pdf) for pair listening assignment.
- Council Circle Practice The process of Council comes from a number of Native American traditions andhas been used by many non-native people for generations to facilitate meaningfulinteraction.
- Council Practice for Upaya BWD
Content from Stuart Moody-Uses of Movement
Principles of Somatics outlines some of the ideas behind releasing tension without forceful stretching, and the fundamental importance of movement in education and cognitive development.
Cat Stretch standing describes one sequence of moves that we did, based on Hanna Somatics
Renewing Energy includes pictures as well as descriptions of other exercises that we explored, plus a brief background on the value of exercise for energizing mind and body, including a typology of different forms of exercise for energizing.
Touch & well-being gives a quick nod to a rich literature on the benefits of positive adaptive tactile stimulation, and describes a few exercises.
Content from Sally Dodds-Cognitively-Based Compassion Training
Syllabus from Leslie Langbert for course